As a creative, I think i've always been inspired by traveling. On weekend trips out of the city I love to discover new areas. I also often have projects that involve shooting a specific locations out of my daily school/home/work realm.
Before you trek out to a location with your photography equipment, paints and canvas, ect. there it's important to know if the space will be adequate for your creative needs. My users had many needs that Location Finder solves.
This project was created in my Intro to UX class. I went from start to finish from concept and UX practices to the UI design for every screen of the app as a UX team of one. The project took place over the Spring 2018 semester.
"I need to expand my portfolio to attract new clients. I'm hoping to relocate soon and i'm wondering what the photography scene is like."
• Needs to discover photoshoot locations and details
• Wants to see different, more interesting places for photoshoots
• Wants to build references for projects
• Wants to have different work in his portfolio to break out of Colorado
• Frustrated by stock imagery
• Has difficulty touching on his process in his portfolio and in interviews
Key features of the application
Users can enter in attributes manually or select from the popular tags.
Users can fill out a form to submit their locations to the app. This includes basic information as well as more comprehensive information like booking information and video previews.
To be a part of the app, locations must have extensive location details.